$2,325.00 – $2,790.00
The Ultimate Desktop DAC and Headphone Amp
The NuPrime DAC-10 combines leading-edge technology that offers PCM 384K & DSD256 decoding with a reference class preamp. To satisfy the most discerning audiophiles, the NuPrime DAC-10 must do three things exceptionally well: 1) provide input flexibility; 2) deliver the utmost detail during a symphony’s quietest passages or a soundtrack’s heart-pounding explosion; and 3) all of this in the most natural sound. Simply put, the DAC-10 is a truly musical device.
The DAC-10H differs from DAC-10 by having an exceptional headphone amplifier with a balanced 4-pin XLR and a standard 6.25mm stereo headphone outputs.
As the heart of an audio system, the DAC-10H supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Utilizing the world’s best performing 32-bit audio DAC is but only a first step for designing the ultimate DAC. When state-of-the-art solutions are readily available to all vendors, the experience and proprietary know-how in designing many Editor’s Choice and Product of The Year award-winning products elevate the NuPrime DAC-10H above the competition.
A Reference Class Preamp
To meet the requirement of customers who want to eliminate extra components in their system, a high-end preamp capable of driving the power amplifier directly is an essential part of the design. The DAC-10H therefore includes features borrowed from the Reference class P-20 preamp:
- Advanced, thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, i.e., a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input thus enabling precise source level matching.
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise, 0.5dB increments.
Headphone Amplifier (DAC-10H)
Today’s best headphones can cost as much as a high-end DAC. Their owners demand a headphone amp that fully exploits their potential. Key features of the headphone amp:
- A 4-pin balanced and a standard 6.3mm stereo headphone amplifier outputs.
- Output circuitry designed for use with up to two dynamic headphones. Consistent wiring and the use of XLR-4 sockets ensure excellent channel separation.
- A gain switch for use with in-ear, on-ear and over-ear headphones.
- Five digital and two stereo inputs for system flexibility.
- SABRE32 Reference ES9018K2M from ESS Technology is one of the world’s best-performing 32-bit audio DAC solution for high-end consumer applications and professional studio equipment. With ESS’s 32-bit Hyperstream™ DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the SABRE32 Reference DAC delivers an unprecedented dynamic range of up to 127dB and THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise) of -120dB, all of which put the DAC-10H at the industry’s cutting edge.
- Symmetrical signal processing with exact signal transmission over the entire frequency spectrum and extremely low harmonic distortion, hence ensuring an unadulterated musical presentation.
- USB Asynchronous transfer mode with driver software provided for Windows (driver not required for Mac OS and Linux)
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise level.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 (up to 11.2MHz) and DoP (up to 5.6MHz) method.
- Sample Rate Display – 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz and DSD64 to DSD256.
- Unique dual gain settings for RCA with 2V or 4V outputs, XLR with 4V or 8V outputs; and each of the balanced and unbalanced headphone outputs with four different high power output settings.
- Linear power supply with multi-rail toroidal transformer.
- Independent left/right channel power supplies.
- 12V trigger output
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention
- Included remote control for full convenience.
- U: 1 x USB Digital
- C: 2 x Coaxial Digital S/PDIF
- O: 2 x Optical Digital S/PDIF
- L: 2 x Analog Stereo RCA
- Optical (up to 24 bit/192 kHz)
- One pair of Stereo RCA out (max output 2V-low gain; 4V-high gain)
- One pair of stereo XLR balanced out (max output 4V-low gain; 8V-high gain)
- Balanced headphone amplifier (XLR-4 socket )
- Unbalanced headphone amplifier (6.3 mm jack socket )
- USB Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz (DSD64) , 5.6MHz (DSD128) 11.2MHz (DSD256)
- S/PDIF Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 24-bits
- Bit Resolution: 16-24-bits
- Output impedance < 100 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 80kHz
- (DAC-10H) Headphone Amp Max. Power Output: 680 mW @ 1 kHz and 600 ohm load at the XLR-4 output
- (DAC-10H) Headphone Amp Frequency response: < 10 Hz to > 100 kHz
- (DAC-10H) Headphone Amp Crosstalk attenuation: min. 93 dB @ 1 kHz
- (DAC-10H) Headphone Amp THD+N: < 0.0003%
- (DAC-10H) Headphone Amp Dynamic range: > 115 dB @ 600 ohm load (A-weighted)
- Dimensions: 215 mm W x 382 mm D x 59 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 4.8kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow,T2.5A, 250VAC
- Standby Power Consumption: 2W (230V) / 1.17W (110V)
- Idle Power Consumption: 14W (230V) / 13W at (110V)
- Available in Black or Silver color