$1,240.00 – $1,550.00
Affordable Reference Class DAC Designed For Studio Professionals
With its AES and XLR outputs and decoding capability of PCM 384K & DSD256, the NuPrime DAC-9/9H is a reference-class DAC designed for studio professionals. With four digital and one analog stereo inputs, the DAC-9/9H is a full-featured DAC and preamp ideally suited for high-end systems. The DAC-9H differs from DAC-9 with additional balanced 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket and 3.5mm standard stereo headphone outputs that support Single Ended Unbalanced, Fully Balanced and Active Balanced Ground Driving headphone amplifier.
As the heart of an audio system, the DAC-9 supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Utilizing one of the world’s best performing 32-bit audio DACs (AK4490 EQ) is but only a first step for designing the ultimate DAC. State-of-the-art solutions, along with the experience and proprietary know-how in creating many Editor’s Choice and Product of The Year award-winning products thus elevate the NuPrime DAC-9 well above the competition.
A Reference LE Class Preamp
To meet the requirement of customers who want to eliminate extra components in their system, a high-end preamp capable of driving the power amplifier directly is hence an essential part of the design. The DAC-9 therefore includes features borrowed from traditional high-end preamps:
- Advanced FPGA implemented switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, i.e., a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise source level matching.
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise, 0.5dB increments.
State Of The Art Balanced Headphone Amplifier (DAC-9H)
The DAC-9H headphone amplifier is capable of driving the most demanding headphones, be it through the balanced 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket or the 3.5mm standard stereo socket. The ‘Pentaconn’ socket (manufactured by Nippon Dics Co.) is the new unified standard for balanced headphone connection. Many headphone and cable manufacturers have hence started using this connection in their new products. The use of audiophile quality components and a fully balanced layout results in minimal crosstalk and maximum channel separation. Supplying up to 1.2W of output power, the circuitry supports Single Ended Unbalanced, Fully Balanced and also Active Balanced Ground Driving. Besides offering a high level of transparency through both types of connection, each offers a slightly different sonic flavor.
Through the 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket balanced output, listeners will appreciate the pristine background with the absence of noise. The soundstage is wide and possess a strong presence with a full and extended bass.
Through the 3.5mm socket low impedance output, the sound is clearly outlined and has a sense of naturalness. The midrange performance is a prominent highlight and imaging is solidly focused.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing where input signals are up-sampled to mega hertz before down converted to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion.
- AKM High Sound Quality Premium 32-bit Stereo DAC (AK4490 EQ) supporting USB PCM 384 and DSD256.
- A proprietary NuPrime implementation that is also capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs.
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet (patent pending*) absorbs and cancels vibrations, hence further lifting audio performance.
- Extension port for Bluetooth dongle and WiFi audio streaming (optional)
- Five digital inputs and one analog stereo input, thus providing complete system flexibility
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method. Also, DSD is decoded natively with the same sample rate as the input source.
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise floor
- USB Asynchronous transfer mode with driver software provided for Windows (driver not required for Mac OS and Linux)
- Very low power consumption on Standby Mode
- Includes remote control
- C1: Coaxial Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- O2: Optical Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- U3: USB PCM / DSD Digital (PCM up to 384K & DSD up to DSD256 )
- E4: Extension port for optional modules: NuPrime BTR-8 (Bluetooth aptX) or NuPrime WR-100D# (WiFi receiver).
- A5: Analog Stereo RCA
- AE: AES balance XLR (PCM up to 192KHz)
- One pair of stereo RCA out (max output 4V)
- One pair of stereo XLR balanced out (max output 8V)
- One Optical S/DPIF out
- One Balanced 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket and one 3.5mm standard stereo socket headphone outputs (DAC-9H only)
- USB Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz(64), 5.6MHz(128), 11.2MHz(256)
- S/PDIF Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHZ, 384KHz (Coaxial)
- Bit Resolution: 16-32-bits
- THD+N: 0.0015%
- Dynamic range: >-113dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 80kHz
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 2.3Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 1A, 250VA
- Available in Black or Silver color
# The NuPrime Wr-100 and WR-100D have been discontinued and superseded by the D-Stream Primo HD.