NuPrime Evolution One
Superlative reference class power amplifier
The Evolution One is the embodiment of all the latest and best technology NuPrime has developed. From the power supply, amplifier circuitry, to a new highly advanced input stage; the Evolution One has been carefully crafted to achieve a performance that surpasses the Reference range performance in all areas.
With the Evolution One, NuPrime has made several design advancements:
- A new input stage with a 1MΩ input impedance. The high input impedance allows the pre-amplifier to see a much easier load and hence introduces less harmonic distortion and phase delay to the system.
- The latest NuPrime 700KHz high-speed switching Class-D module thus achieving greater resolution.
- Using high-speed computing simulations in the Evolution One design, in order to achieve the highest input impedance and the lowest phase delay.
- The enhanced power supply delivers cleaner and more stable power which also results in a lower noise floor.
- Using high quality copper strips instead of usual cables to connect the power supply to the amplifier’s circuitry, maximizing power delivery.
The NuPrime Sound
The Evolution One hence outperforms its predecessor in every aspect:
- Wider and deeper soundstage
- Faster dynamics with greater range
- Lower distortion and noise
- Cleaner background that provides greater detail and nuances
Overall, NuPrime’s new generation of amplifiers have moved even further away from the cold, hard, flat and harsh sound typically associated with Class-D amplification. The Evolution One has Class-A like warmth and naturalness with an enveloping ambience which reaches out and invites the listener to the music.
Very few manufacturers could design a 1MΩ input impedance without adversely affecting noise and stability, and those amplifiers are priced many times higher. The Evolution One is the first Class D amplifier to successfully implement a 1MΩ input impedance and is also the only one in its price range of any type of amplifiers.
Although many good audio equipment can present a deep soundstage, clarity gets lost at the depths as they become susceptible to interference. The Evolution One has a very deep soundstage, and can present a clear image even at the greatest depth. With large scale orchestral recordings, you have a clear image of the last rows of percussion and wind, even the subtle pedal sounds!
NuPrime has achieved a Class-A like sound with their hybrid Class-D technology that retains the merits of both Class-A and Class-D amplification. The painstaking efforts put into research and development therefore allows the Evolution One to easily compete with the best Class-A amplifiers in the market, without the bulk and heat generation.
The Evolution One presents the most untainted and transparent sound with a completely flawless background. Recordings comes through as they are meant to be, as if you are right there at the performance. Be surprised by the revelation the Evolution One will bring to your music!
- One Un-Balanced RCA
- One Balanced XLR
- One set of Mono speaker (binding posts)
- Power Output (rated) : 240W @ 8 Ohms, 330W @ 4 Ohms
- Power Output (peak) : 285W @ 8 Ohms, 390W @ 4 Ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) : 0.01%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) : 91dB @ 10W
- Gain : x 28
- Input Impedance : 1M Ohms
- Sensitivity (to rated power) : 1.5Vrms
- Frequency Response : 0Hz to 50kHz (-3dB)
- Dimensions: 430 mm W x 375 mm D x 57 mm H
- Weight: 7Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow blow, 5A, 250VAC
- Standby Power: 1.7W (230V) / 1.6W (115V)
- Idle Power: 18.7W (230V) / 17.4W (115V)
- Available in Black or Silver color