NuPrime Omnia SW-8
Low Noise Ethernet Network Switch
The Omnia SW-8 is a high-end 8-port gigabit Ethernet Network Switch that improves the network performance by reducing signal noise. Errors in the network cause data packets to be resent and degrade network performance. By reducing circuit and power supply noise, and using a customized TCXO clock, Omnia SW-8 delivers accurate network signal that ensures stable music data transmission. The sound quality of a high-end audio system with a connected Ethernet cable is also slightly improved when we reduce Ethernet signal noise.
NuPrime licenses Omnia SW-8 from Thunder Data Co. Ltd., maker of Bonn N8. Omnia SW-8 differs from Bonn N8 with an upgraded low noise power supply and aluminum chassis.
- Eight AUDIO GRADE 100 / 1000 Base-T Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Customized TCXO with an extreme accuracy of 0.1ppm, hence delivering superior main clock accuracy
- Customized Silent Angel Noise Absorber (SANA)
- Two electrical noise isolation circuits, with noise rejection rate 17dB, for power circuit.
- Two electrical noise isolation circuits, with noise rejection rate 20dB, for clock generation circuit.
- Medical Grade power adaptor with ultra low leakage current (<100μA)
- EMI absorber at the inner side of the bottom case to further reduce circuit noise
The above features allows the Omnia SW-8 to have much lower jitter compared to regular home switches. Hence, the result is a more accurate network signal and stable music data transmission.
- External Power: 5VDC at 1A Max
- Dimensions: 154.5mm x 85mm x 26mm
- Weight: 1.2 kg (Gross Weight)
For best performance, connect Omnia SW-8 to the router and all network audio components to Omnia SW-8.