Reference LE class power amplifier
The ST-10 amplifier is NuPrime’s Reference LE power amplifier for listeners who require a reference-class amplifier at a somewhat lesser power rating of 2 x 150W (8 Ohm). Rarely does an amp achieve an ideal balance of richly textured timbres and harmonics, bottom-end authority, startling dynamics, exquisite low-level detail, and a fully revealed, fully dimensional sound stage against a backdrop of mile-deep silence.
The “LE” of Reference LE designates near-reference-class performance. To achieve this goal, the engineering team thus worked on improving both the amplifier module and the power supply. Hence, the new fourth generation (V4 amplifier module) of this patented amplifier design has been created and outperforms its predecessor in several aspects:
– It lowers the noise floor by an astounding 20dB and elevates the output stage to 85% efficiency.
– Shortened circuit pathways result in a 20% improvement in throughput.
– Improved reliability in no-load condition and short circuit protection.
– Increased output current drive capability for low impedance speakers.
– Increased switching frequency to 600 kHz and an improved musical sampling rate.
– Improved S/N ratio and dynamic range.
– Signal path avoids cross-linking capacitors, thus achieving a frequency response at DC level for pure musical enjoyment.
– Enhanced even-order harmonic (H2) circuitry resembling the most attractive features of tubed-amplification sound, but without its drawbacks and limitations.
A new linear power supply with a high-efficiency toroidal transformer reduces high-frequency noise and also strengthened low-frequency performance. NuPrime again pushes the boundary of its amplifier design in order to reach higher sonic excellence!
The NuPrime Sound
NuPrime’s sonic character stands well apart from – and indeed above – the soft, cushy sound we often associate with most tubed amplification and the dry, clinically edgy sound we often associate with solid-state and switching technology. The ST-10 exhibits wide, lightning-fast dynamics with ultra-low distortion and noise in a vast soundstage, thus creating a 3D like imagery of the musical performance. Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact.
- One pair of Un-Balanced RCA
- One pair of Balanced XLR
- 12V trigger, which any standard male to male 3.5mm (3-pin type) cable can be used
- One set of Stereo speaker (binding posts)
- Power Output: 150W x 2 at 8 Ohms; 150W x 2 @ 4 Ohms
- THD+N: 0.01%
- S/N Ratio: 91dB @ 10W
- Gain: x 28
- Input Impedance: 23.5k Ohms
- Sensitivity: 0.89 V to rated power
- Frequency Response: 0 Hz to 50kHz (-3dB)
- Dimensions: 215.4 mm W x 394 mm D x 59 mm H
- Weight: 7 kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 5A, 250VAC
- Available in Black or Silver color