Reference class power amplifier
The ST-10M Reference Class Mono Amplifier builds upon NuPrime’s fourth generation (V4) amplifier module from the ST-10 and brings it to the next level. The ST-10 was designed within the space limitation of its chassis and hence had a power system which was capable of providing 150W power output to each of the stereo channels. To really bring out the best of the V4 amplifier module, the ST-10M has a new 300W power supply for its mono channel. The entire design including the chassis has been optimized for the mono configuration, further lowering the cross channel interference.
The ST-10M sounds more full bodied and rich, conveys greater immediacy and power as compared to the ST-10. The improved power delivery and reduced interference gives the instruments richer overtones and also more natural decay. The soundstage is deeper and thus creates a greater sense of space. Imaging gains more solidity over the ST-10 which already has an impressive placement.
The effects of the improvements could be heard on the following examples. The striking of piano keys demonstrates greater attack and faster transients, with a sound that naturally resonates with the piano body. Brass instruments sounds glorious, characterful and carries a natural sheen but not overly bright. Female vocals and high frequencies retains the signature of the ST-10 but is smoother on the ST-10M. In an ensemble, the tonality gains an extra notch of richness which makes the overall presentation more natural.
Overall, every aspect of the ST-10 sound has been improved upon, which makes it truly a reference grade amplifier!
The original 10A bridge rectifier has been replaced by a 50A Schottky diode, the capacitors upgraded 30,000 micro-Farad, and duly the power transformer is now rated at 300W. Improved circuit layout with careful component selection has allowed the ST-10M to have a lower noise floor than the ST-10.
- One Un-Balanced RCA
- One Balanced XLR
- One set of Mono speaker (binding posts)
- Power Output (rated): 230W @ 8 Ohms, 320W @ 4 Ohms
- Power Output (peak): 270W @ 8 Ohms, 375W @ 4 Ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.01%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 91dB @ 10W
- Gain: x 28
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
- Sensitivity: 1.5Vrms to rated power
- Frequency Response: 0Hz to 50kHz (-3dB)
- Dimension: 215.4 mm W x 394 mm D x 59 mm H
- Weight: 6 kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 5A, 250VAC
- Standby Power Consumption: 1.7W (230V) / 0.9W (115V)
- Idle Power Consumption: 14.8W (230V) / 14W at (115V)
- Available in Black or Silver color