NuPrime Evolution DAC
Top Performing DAC and Pre-amp for all Digital sources
To meet the highest performance requirement of the NuPrime Evolution Series, the power circuit of Evolution DAC has been redesigned from the ground up using C-Core transformers and AC filter, in addition to the DAC circuit. It utilizes one of the world’s highest performing 32-bit audio DACs, the ES9038PRO, and NuPrime PSRC IC chip to not only decode but also provide sampling rate up/down conversion from PCM 44.1kHz to PCM 768kHz and DSD64 to DSD512.
To get the cleanest and most stable power to the circuitry, no expense was spared when designing the power supply section of the Evolution DAC. The AC inlet goes right to a filter, which reduces the AC high frequency line noise by at least 20dB in the 100kHz to 5MHz region.
The filtered AC power is then fed to the AC power supply that utilizes C-Core transformers which has less stray flux than conventional ring type transformers. The stainless steel enclosures for the power supply provides shielding to minimize the transformer noise interference affecting other sensitive circuitry.
A large capacitor bank (around 70,000uF) using specialized capacitors, supplies ample and stable power to the analog and digital circuitry.
Taking things further, the analog section benefits from a NuPrime proprietary power circuitry crafted from discrete components. This circuitry provides further power stabilization and exhibits a high PSRR. Hence, the analog section is fed with the cleanest and most stable power NuPrime has put into any product. This translates to a superlative gain in audio performance that defines the Evolution series.
The Op-amps used in the analog section are socketed, making it possible for DIY customers to experiment with different sounds by changing them to other Op-amps.
- State-of-the-art DAC (ES9038PRO) with warmer sonic characteristics.
- NuPrime PSRC IC chip provides sample rate up/down conversion processing, from PCM 44.1kHz to PCM 768kHz and DSD64 to DSD512 (including PCM to/from DSD).
- A proprietary NuPrime implementation capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs (to support NuPrime source and server devices that are able to output DoP stream in addition to S/PDIF).
- Seven user selectable digital filters.
- Fixed or Variable level for both RCA and XLR outputs .
- Analog output phase change.
- Analog output channel setting (both outputs can be set to Right, Left, R + L or L + R).
- Display brightness adjustment.
- Seven digital inputs, thus providing complete system flexibility.
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention for all inputs. Also, the volume on each input can be adjusted individually for precise level matching of sources
- Custom designed non-linear volume curve.
- USB Asynchronous transfer mode with driver software provided for Windows (driver not required for Mac OS and Linux)
- USB Supports DSD native playback by ASIO and DoP method. DSD is decoded natively with the same sample rate as the input source.
- USB Supports native MQA decode.
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet.
- 1 x USB PCM / DSD Digital (PCM up to 384K & DSD up to DSD256)
- 1 x IIS/DSD (PCM 768KHz & DSD up to DSD512)
- 2 x Coaxial Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 768K & DoP format DSD256)
- 2 x Optical Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K & DoP format DSD64)
- 1 x AES balance XLR (PCM up to 192K & DoP format DSD64)
- One pair of stereo RCA out (max output 4V)
- One pair of stereo XLR balanced out (max output 8V)
- USB Audio Firmware: upgradable via USB DFU tool
- Output Impedance: < 50 Ohm
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 KHz / ±0.3 dB
- SNR: > 110 dB
- THD+N: < 0.0003%
- 0 dB=2 Vrms with Volume=87; +6 dB=4 Vrms with Volume=99
- Dimensions: 430 mm W x 315 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 5.2Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- Power consumption: 13.5W (0.9W Standby)
- Available in Black or Silver color